2017-2018 BSR AUDITIONS
Saturday, March 18, 2017 - Open Audition
Saturday, September 23, 2017 - Open Audition
1:30 - 6:00 PM
Church of Our Saviour, 25 Monmouth St, Brookline, MA 02446
Damien Francoeur-Krzyzek, house pianist
1. Any organization leader, free-lance director, composer or artist manager may attend BSR auditions. You do not need to be a member of Boston Singers' Resource to audit BSR auditions.
2. Attending organizations, directors, composers and managers do not need to be New England residents.
3. All audition participants must pre-register with Boston Singers Resource (Deadline is one week prior to each audition for inclusion in the printed program).
4. Organization Audition Fee: Free/organizational members; $25/individual members; $45/non-members.
5. The audition day will include refreshments, Singer/Accompanist Auditions every five minutes, a headshot/resume book, and a program of participating organizations.
6. About the performers: These auditions are for New England resident solo classical singers. Singers are given 4 minutes to present themselves in whatever way they feel is best. Excerpts of pieces are allowed. This will be strictly timed. Literature performed will be from the standard opera, oratorio repertoire. All communications, negotiations and call-backs following the BSR audition take place directly between the performers and the organizations. Invitational (pre-selected) auditions are held bi-annually Singers for the invitational audition are chosen by a panel of three vocal/musical leaders from the Greater Boston area. The next Invitational audition will be held in 2018.
7. Each organization should be present for all of the singer auditions. If an individual auditor cannot attend for the entire day, please kindly provide a second representative to hear all of the singers.
8. Each organization may send up to two representatives.
9. There will be 10 minute breaks each hour.
For questions and more information, please email info@BostonSingersResource.org